Cincinnati Acne Treatments and Relief From Acne Distress
Chiropractic care to help with Acne?
At first, it may seem like an unlikely pairing. However, at Baker Chiropractic and Wellness, we have been helping patients of all ages with stubborn acne problems for nearly 20 years. Our proven and effective track record with treating acne is a great example of how our chiropractic care is about so much more than just providing relief for back pain.
Acne can vary greatly in its severity and it can cause a great deal of emotional distress. Whether you are a teenager or an adult, no one wants to be seen with a face full of acne. It affects our desire to socialize with others, decreases our self esteem, cuts into our confidence and increases our stress.
The proper care and guidance offered by Baker Chiropractic and Wellness can help you with your battle against acne.
Protocol for Acne
Most forms of acne are caused by poor nutrition, bacterial infection, and other related conditions like hypothyroidism. We address acne using chiropractic adjustments to remove subluxations and to boost a patient’s immune system in order to fight infection. In addition, we provide patients with a specific protocol to follow which includes nutrition guidance and certain products and supplements.
The following is an example of the Protocol for Acne:
1. Chiropractic adjustments as recommended by Baker Chiropractic physician.
2. Optimal 1 Digestion: Take 1 with each meal and 1 between meals
3. Optimal 2 Vitamin / Mineral /Antioxidant: Take 2 in the morning and 1 at night.
4. Opti-Force: Take 1 in the morning and 1 at night.
5. Optimal Flora: Take 2 in the morning and 2 at night.
6. Optimal Liver /Kidney: Take 2 upon rising and 1 at bedtime (for 4 weeks).
7. OxyPure: Take 15 drops in 4 oz. of water 3 times per day for 3 weeks with a minimum of 3 weeks off before continuing.
8. Increase intake of foods with vitamin B6 (salmon, tomatoes, watermelon, potatoes)
9. Try topical tea tree oil
10. Avoid excess exposure to oils and grease
Purchase the Products You Need in Our On-Line Store
What is Acne
Acne is a condition involving the oil glands of the skin. Acne develops when tiny holes in the skin called pores become blocked and get infected leading to whiteheads, blackheads, red growths, inflammation and painful cysts.
Acne can develop nearly anywhere on your body but is most common on the face, neck, shoulders, back and chest. These are the areas of your body with the highest number of functional oil glands. Studies show that up to 75% of people between the ages of 11 years old and 30 years old may develop acne at some point.
Even though acne is most common in adolescents and young adults, it can affect people of all ages from infants to senior citizens.
Each pore in your skin is an opening to a follicle containing a hair and an oil gland. The function of these oil glands is to lubricate the skin and hair as well as remove dead skin cells. When these glands produce too much oil, they can block the pore and lead to the build-up of dirt and bacteria. The exact cause or causes in the overproduction of oil has not been determined. However, it is believed that acne is associated with and can be triggered by the following:
1. Hormonal changes common with adolescence, menstrual cycles and pregnancy.
2. Excessive and persistent emotional stress.
3. Types of cosmetics and hair products.
4. Certain prescription medications and drugs.
6. Frequent sweating.
7. A diet of food high in refined sugars.
Ineffective and Toxic Acne Medications and Creams
Your skin is a major organ of your body and it has specific functions essential to your overall health. Topical acne creams and medications may provide some temporary help but they will interfere with the critical functions of your skin and rarely provide a long term solution.
When topical acne creams containing a variety of toxic chemicals are applied to the skin, they are absorbed into the body and the blood stream. Many people find their skin will become red, irritated and dry after applying an acne cream or medication. This is a reaction to the toxic ingredients found in the acne cream or medication. Your body is constantly fighting toxins and their harmful effects. Introducing and exposing your body to the additional toxins found in acne creams and medications are not the answer!
Common over-the-counter and prescription medications for acne cause side effects which may include:
4. Skin Infections
5. Irritable Bowel
7. Increased Cholesterol
8. Decreased absorption of essential vitamins and minerals
Why We Are Successful with Helping People of All Ages with Acne
As outlined above, acne cannot be attributed to a single specific cause or a certain age group. There are a variety of factors that contribute to acne both emotionally and physically. At Baker Chiropractic and Wellness, we are focused on ALL the underlying causes of your acne. This includes addressing the following:
1. Mind: Addresses stress management, adequate sleep and overall attitude.
2. Nerve Supply: Addresses proper spinal alignment and optimized nerve supply essential for a strong immune system and fully functional anatomical systems that work efficiently and effectively.
3. Nutrition: Addresses providing your body with the vital nutrients it must have to perform correctly.
4. Exercise: Addresses maximizing your oxygen supply and maintaining lean muscle. Both are essential for a healthy mind and body.
5. Toxins: Addresses reducing toxins in your living environment. Toxins can be found in a wide variety of everyday items including such things as cosmetics, medications, household cleaning supplies and cooking utensils.
Addressing all these elements will not only help your acne, it will improve many areas of your life!
Clear, healthy, acne-free skin can be your reality. Please contact Baker Chiropractic and Wellness by calling (513) 561-2273 or Schedule an Appointment here on our website anytime.